and discuss information about amphibians: frogs and toads
Activity: I Can Decorate a Frog and a Toad (coloring
pages or printable craft)
- This art activity helps children to learn the physical
differences between a frog and a toad in a simple art activity in
which they can use a variety of materials and create different
textures (smooth and bumpy) on a coloring page or printable
- Method 1: print two coloring pages - one for a frog
and the other for a toad and proceed to step 3.
Method 2: Assemble a printable
decorate with additional
materials to create the texture of a toad
- The child is going to color or paint and decorate one
coloring to resemble a frog and the other image to look like a toad.
- Note the main physical differences to help guide child to
decorate the coloring pages or decorate the craft templates
Toads: they are all fat and round and have short legs
and dry, warty skin. They are generally mottled brown or gray, often
with dark spots.
Frogs: Their skin is smooth and moist. They are in
a variety of colors, from brown, red, green, and other colors, and
with stripes or dark spots.
- To help children make the image look like a toad provide
shades of brown, gray and black paint or other coloring
any materials that will make the surface appear bumpy, look at the
suggested list of materials (most in your kitchen).
- For the frog image, it is just a matter of choosing any of the
colors mentioned to decorate the page. Adding a few drops of
white liquid glue to the paint will dry to a smooth shiny texture.
- I suggest you write the word frog in large letters on the
page and the same for the toad
- Once the images are dry you can also cut around them and hang with a
string or ribbon.
Activity: Alphabet Printable Activities > Letter F Frog or
Letter T Toad
and toad coloring pages
Print two coloring pages, one for a frog and one for a toad
or visit the frog
*two sheets of white paper
*glue or glue stick
To create the bumpy features of the toad any one or a combination
*crushed cereal like corn flakes
* crushed crackers
or similar item