Alphabet > Crafts > Letter A Acorn - Letter O Oak | Holidays & Events > Apr > Arbor Day | Plants > Trees > Acorns | Seasons > Autumn [español]
This is a cute and easy craft of an acorn or nut for toddlers, preschool and early elementary for an autumn theme.
Basic skills activities:
- Numbers: Practice counting the template pieces.
- Colors: Children can color the templates, mainly brown and autumn colors for the oak leaf.
- Encourage children to cut out the larger templates.
- Help cut out smaller templates and save the small image in the template to aid children in assembly and to insert in the alphabet mini-books in activity 4.
- coloring tools for B&W template
- glue stick
- Optional: large wiggly eyes to replace paper eyes
- Paste upper section of acorn over lower section of acorn.
- Paste eyes or substitute with plastic wiggly eyes, nose and mouth.
- Paste oak leaf (or substitute with a real oak leaf.
- Paste acorn over the center of arm template.
- Paste legs under lower part of acorn.
- Optional: Write alphabet letter A and acorn (or language of choice) on one arm or behind the craft.
Classroom bulletin board idea:
Titled: Great oaks from little acorns grow in Ms. (Teacher's
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.
Complimentary alphabet printable activities:
Autumn > Acorn Theme >