Holidays & Events> Apr > National Frog Month | Seasons > Spring
Frog Craft (or Toad) Stand-up
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
Young children will have fun making an easy and fun craft of a sitting frog or toad. Many basic skills can be addressed during and after the craft assembly process. Other printable support materials and links to related activities are provided.
- paper, construction paper or card stock
- coloring tools for B&W template
- glue stick
Printing options: 1. Print color template, 2. Print B&W template directly to color paper of your choice, or, 3. Print B&W and color in. Review
this activity to incorporate the physical differences between a
frog and a toad during the craft assembly.
Review the following steps with the children and they can refer to the small image on the template.
Note: Before assembly, write the word Frog or Toad on the base portion.
- Match and paste legs where A and B are indicated.
- Paste eyes
- Assist children in folding legs on the dotted lines upward towards the front.
- Assist children to fold base on dotted lines backwards.
- Add glue to the back of C area and paste on the back of the frog body to create the base for the frog.
Other ideas >
Pond scene - Frog on a Lily Pad and Water lily
After the frog is assembled, conduct a separate activity to color and decorate this coloring page of a pond scene with a water lily and lily pad. Place the frog craft over the lily pad.
Explain how frogs and other pond critters stand on lily pads. The water lily and pad (leaf) are actually the leaves and flower of a water dwelling plant, the water lily. It has long stems and the roots are planted in the pond's floor. Many other animals live and eat under the lily pad, such as pond snails, small fish, etc.
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.
Science & Social Studies: Learning about Frogs and Toads
Character Education - Aesop's Fables: Read, view video or print and discuss one of these fables:
Pond Scene coloring page for craft and alphabet printable activities: